Description About David And Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute
Welcome to David And Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute
David and Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute (sometimes called David and Mary Thomson, DMT, DMTCI, Thomson CI or Thomson fields teams in many sports: archery, baseball and slow-pitch, badminton, basketball, cricket, cross country, curling, football, field and ice hockey, rugby, soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field, Ultimate Frisbee, volleyball, and wrestling.
Principal: William Papaconstantinou
On July 14, 1953, the Scarborough Township Public School Board Area No. 2 (the forerunner of the Scarborough Board of Education and later the Toronto District School Board) acquired 8.6 acres of land on Lawrence Avenue East West of Brimley Road for the future secondary school known as David and Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute splitting off the population of Winston Churchill Collegiate Institute and R. H. King Collegiate Institute and expanded later to six acres. The property the STPSB No. 2 had acquired was the land donated by Scarborough's first European settlers from Scotland, David and Mary Thomson, whose descendants lived in Scarborough for generations.
The school building was built in 1958 on the land farmed by the Thomson family and opened on September 8, 1959.
Here is a list of some special alumni:
- Jennifer Valentyne, television host
- Nancy Newman, television anchor and reporter
- David Strickland, Music Producer & Indigenous Visual Artist
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes, NBA Player
If you are looking forward to following DMT on social media:
List of clubs:
- Audio-Visual (AV) Crew - Mr James
- Chess Club- Mr. Kim, Mr. Kundra
- DECA Business Club - Mr. Panagakos, Ms. Murton-Park
- Games Club- Mr. Johnston, Ms. Michela
- Gender and Sexuality Alliance- Ms. Michela, Ms. Weiss-Szeto, Ms. Mousseau, Mr. Price
- Library Ambassadors- Ms. LeGrow, Mr. Mazunder
- Mental Health and Well Being Committee - Ms. Stein, Ms. Takas
- Robotics Club- Mr. Kim, Mr. Boreanaz, Ms. Manning, Mr. Harrison
- Wind Ensemble - Mr. Gorst
- Stage Band - Mr. James
- Thomson Athletic Council (T.A.C.) - Ms. Kenn
- Thomson Leadership Council (T.L.C) - Ms. Thorpe-Taylor, Ms. Manto
- Thomson Improv Club - Ms. Lamb, Ms. MacAdam, Ms. Essery
- Vocal Ensemble - Mr. Gorst, Mr. Liu
Math, Science, Social Science, Technological Studies, Physical Education, Languages, Canadian and World Studies, Business, English, Visual and Performing Arts.
The Science Department of David & Mary Thomson C. I. seeks to provide students of all academic levels and pathways with opportunities to learn, practice, and master skills necessary to responsibly and successfully handle challenges in future professions and life. Science programs are aligned with the Ontario Curriculum and Next Generation Science Standards. Science programs are delivered in safe, supportive laboratory environments providing opportunities for all students to collaboratively investigate and solve conceptual and real-world problems.
You’ve probably heard this one already, but we never get tired of saying it. College programs are famous for their unique blend of academic learning and practical skills training. Led by instructors with professional experience, you’ll benefit from hands-on training and real-world projects right in the classroom, while co-op and work-study options give you the chance to gain valuable experience in your chosen career before it’s even begun.
David And Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute Information
What do students and parents think about David And Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute?
Average rating: --
Add your Review about David And Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute:
How do I contact David And Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute
David And Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute has
- Founded in 1959
- 1k students
- Rating and Review
- Future updates
Grades and Fields
Report this school or content
Report school content